Wednesday 1 July 2009

Day 10: Sometimes silence says more

As you may have noticed, there are days when I don't blog. Quite simply because I have nothing to say. I could prattle on, but what would be the point?

We live in a world where we are constantly bombarded with noise: from sounds, writings and opinion columns to images, advertising and news... the layers of noise in our society are almost endless. But how much of it is meaningful? How often do we hear something that changes how we view the world? How we understand ourselves? Or the acid test: how often are we transformed by this incessant noise?

Words can transport us... transform us... Yet they are often treated carelessly I would rather use them as a tool that can be finely crafted into meaning, into stories that capture a value, an essence, or a soul-full moment.

This blog is my gift to myself, and I treat it as hallowed ground, where I nourish my soul and my heart. And I hope that a little of that nurturing passes through to you too. If I write thoughtlessly, I dilute that the essence of that intention.

I treat your time here as sacred and I hope that when you visit, you stay for a veritable cup of tea! That you find some morsel that restores and replenishes you, that lifts you up and maybe even lets your heart dance in wild abandon … on a good day! To me, that is one way of showing care and attention in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment