Tuesday 29 June 2010

No Unreasonable Dreams at 40

Life can creep past us so quickly that we don't even realise it's been... and gone!  I believe that aging happens, it's inevitable, so bemoaning it is to fight reality - and we all know, reality always wins! 

But if I have regrets, if I have simply existed, rather than savoured life, then it will inevitably be tinged with sadness and regret.

My 40th is a exactly a month away, as my younger brother emailed to tell me today!  Perhaps now is as good a time as any to take stock.  What are my regrets?  And what are my deliciously, unreasonable dreams? 

Who would I like to be when I look back in a decade?

I once read that "there are no unreasonable dreams - just unreasonable timeframes".

I love that!  It does mean that anything is possible, if we persevere.  Edison and Abraham Lincoln must be two of the greatest examples of perseverance ever.

I also read a quote from Anthony Robbins who said,“Most people overestimate what they can accomplish in a year – and underestimate what they can achieve in a decade!”

Who would I like to be?  What experiences would I like to have had?  If I have no vision to guide my actions, I'm much less likely to have those experiences and become that person...  Good job I've a month to think this through!

No comments:

Post a Comment