Tuesday 22 May 2012

Let go, Let God

"If you were to surrender just 1 per cent of your life to God, you would be the most enlightened person on the planet in three months." Deepak Chopra

I'm willing to try.  Yesterday I had the negotiate our local tube station with baby, buggy and ancillary support items, a mere 18 kilos, when all is said and done.  The twenty steps leading to the track fill me with dread as it always triggers a two days of back pain. 

On the way home, I decided to surrender that part of the journey to God.  Two people stepped forward to help just as I picked up the buggy, and one of them was a teenager in a school uniform.  They carried the pram down the stairs, then the teen turned around and went back upstairs to catch his tube.

This was a powerful gift for me.  I've never had two people carry the pram for me before; this was not just help, it was an abundance of help. 

The other side of this story is the teen.  He went out of his way to help me and his kindness deeply touched me.  He listened to his intuition and responded, giving me a priceless gift.  It can be easy to pretend we don't hear our intuition when it takes us out of our way, but we never know how a small act of kindness can impact on another.

No comments:

Post a Comment